A dramatic shift in how we produce, supply and use energy is happening all around the world. As countries seek to decarbonise their economies, renewable energy alternatives are rising to the challenge of reducing emissions and powering a greener future. One of the most exciting is hydrogen.
Hydrogen, produced from renewable energy, makes great environmental and economic sense. Tasmania's abundance of natural energy resources puts us in an ideal position to capitalise on everything hydrogen has to offer.
Key supports for a renewable hydrogen industry in Tasmania include:
- ready-to-go renewable energy from our world-class wind and expandable hydropower generation
- high-quality industrial precincts with access to deep-water ports
- strong transmission infrastructure
- road and rail infrastructure.
- exploring the opportunities for using locally produced renewable hydrogen in Tasmania and for export
- providing financial support for renewable hydrogen projects for export and domestic use, plus investment attraction activities with international trade partners
- ensuring a robust and supportive regulatory framework, and the assessment of supporting infrastructure
- building community and industry awareness, developing skills, and supporting research and education.
Want to know how renewable hydrogen works?
Want to receive updates?
If you would like to receive updates on the Hydrogen Action Plan, developments in the Hydrogen Sector in Tasmania and other closely related developments, then register here.
You can opt out by contacting us anytime.
View the latest Renewable Hydrogen Status Report.